Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fundraising Kick-Off - Part II

A No-Go! 

The meeting with the ILA union members on February 8 didn't work out after all!  It was no fault of anyone's.  In fact, it is always good to have lots of work, and that's what these union members get - lots of work at unpredictable times.  Most of the time they don't work on Tuesdays which is why they have their meetings on then.  This week, however, a commercial vessel came in unexpectedly, and the so-called "all hands on deck" was issued.  Their normal 100 or so union members dwindled down to 21 - four less than needed to hold a meeting, so they had to cancel it and reschedule for the second Tuesday of NEXT month! For me, this was such a blessing and answer to my prayer, "Lord, if you're willing, please take this cup from me!"

Our 4 person team this week became 5, with the addition of my BFF, Beth Sheppard.  Her first sponsorship allowed us to open a bank account for Swim for Zoe, to have a logo design completed, and who continues to support our efforts from her caring perspective.  She knows how I operate, my shortcomings and struggles, and yet remains my biggest supporter in life in general - I love her like a sister!  Ben Bowie, Beth Andrew, Jen Manocchio, my husband Doug and I met at Henry's for dinner before having to leave for the presentation at the ILA - not knowing it would be canceled once we got there.  We met there to further discuss the presentation, as well as to get to know Gaston - the ZOE representative who came to help field questions during the presentation.  It took him two hours to drive here, then meet us for dinner, drive to the ILA building where it was announced the meeting would be canceled before having to immediately drive straight back home.  He took it in stride saying many meetings end that way and that it was a blessing we all got to know each other over dinner.  I was very pleased with meeting him which increased my enthusiasm for fundraising for ZOE.  The empowerment project, the way he described it over dinner, is definitely something I'm excited to be a part of!  

Please pray for my team and me as we once more prepare for the presentation in upwards of a hundred ILA union members next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment