Thursday, March 31, 2011

BBQ Kick-Off Celebration

What A Celebration!  We held a celebratory kick-off for Swim for ZOE this past Saturday afternoon. It was unbelievably fun and lasted into the evening hours. Those coming through the door were both good friends, close friends or those I had never met before.  Doug entertained the kids with corn-hole and toss while I chatted with everyone about the swim and about Zoe Ministries.  The food was incredibly delicious and fabulous - Ben's chicken was superb right off the grill and the dishes that the YDubTriClub brought were a gift to the palate. In addition, we raised $760 for Swim for Zoe. Many thanks to all who turned out for our mission!

The most exciting thing to me about the party was talking about my swim mission, the ZOE Ministry and how it ties together.  It instilled a resolve in me when talking about how God created a love for swimming in me, and also the passion I have for the African AIDS orphans, to continue doing long swims, alone, at night when my family is home, on weekends when I could be out running or cycling or making pancakes for my boys.  I know this is God's calling for me in my life right now.  Talking about it made me feel really good!  I need prayer and much of it, if you don't mind.  I am struggling with balancing my family's needs and fitting in these swims.  I want to keep my family cheering and supportive of my efforts without them feeling sacrificed in my time and attention.  I want to do and be that which God has called me to be - Thank you all for so much love, encouragement and support of this effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment