Friday, March 4, 2011

Swim for Zoe - Swimsuit Edition

This week I received THREE new suits from SPEEDO! Opening the box with the swim suits was very exciting to me.  Out of all other sports that I have participated in, swimming is by far the most enjoyable to me.  I sent Speedo my sizes and top picks but when I opened the box, I realized they had sent me three suits that were even better than the ones I had asked for!



One has a black and blue pattern (hoping that's not meant symbolically that this training will bruise me up a bit) and the other is green, with a palm-like pattern.  








Have you ever been nagged to try something new to the point of doing it just to get the nagger to just quit nagging?  I was told years ago to try the new swim suits out that are made to last longer than regular swim suits.  So many people have made the case that this "endurance fabric" is supposed to work wonders in the chlorine and salt water. Unlike regular suits that end up sagging across the middle after only a couple months of wear, these suits are designed to last and last - retaining color and shape.  I resigned myself to continue wearing the regular fabric, and countered that the "drag from the sag" only made me a faster swimmer. The real issue was the cost of the endurance fabric.  I could not consider buying swim suits as much as twice as expensive when I was also spending money on great running shoes and bike gear.  

Well, Speedo has closed the case on the swim suit issue for me by sponsoring three swimsuits, two of which are made with endurance fabric and my life will never be the same! They are just perfect!  I was so anxious to try them out that I immediately went to the pool.  I hung them up after swims and they dry within an hour; the best part is, they are comfortable, too!  I'll have to keep you posted on just how long they last, but I'm confident they will perform as well as everyone has suggested. 



Now, the jury is still out on the third suit. It is the newly released LZR Race Elite Recordbreaker.  For starters, I can’t quite get into it! I know it's supposed to be skin-tight, but I couldn't even get it over my knees! I asked for advice from the Tri Club on Thursday in the pool and our coach mentioned that it often took THREE people to get the suit on! I think I might have to call Speedo for assistance. Until then, check out this official video fit guide:





Hoping you're all enjoying a taste of spring by now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment