Thursday, May 12, 2011

Swim for Zoe Life Update

There's a crazy amount of life going on right now.  I love that life gets to be lived by those choosing to participate in its events.  In addition to swimming four days per week since March, I'm trying to fit in riding my bike, running (we'll call it jogging now since I haven't been doing much at all of this), and being there for my husband and sons!

After my grandma's death in February, I didn't know if I had the heart to go through with this mission of swimming the intracoastal.  Her loss left me with two contradicting emotions - great sadness along and the inability to focus paired against knowing my time here on earth is limited and the need to dive into everything life has to offer.  

Each day I faced, each swim workout that approached I had to ask which emotion to choose. I choose to live! I choose to dive in!   Having experienced several deaths now of close family members (my sister, my grandfather last year, and now my grandma this year) I have chosen not to take for granted the gift, such a precious thing, that life has been given to me.  Not only do I do these swims with as much enthusiasm and gusto as I can muster, I am keeping a close connection with my boys (this is the latest picture of my oldest son Nick with his date for the Hoggard High School prom a couple weeks ago), and striving to make my marriage the best it can be!  I am still pushing myself to be a great PE teacher and instructor to my students at Holly Tree Elementary.  I am still planting flowers, appreciating their fragrance and keeping the house organized and clean enough to live in.   What's important to me is relationships with my friends as well.  There's a lot of living to do - let's put forth the effort to live it to the fullest!

Nick & Natalie - Prom 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment