Monday, May 2, 2011

Swim for Zoe Rotary Presentation


A few weeks ago, I had a wonderful opportunity to talk to local rotary club! On Thursday, April 21st, we were treated by a friendly group of rotarians to lunch and their meeting.   I am sold to the Rotary Club!  What a great group of business individuals who come together to help out their community.  

Speaking to the club came with a little nervousness, but not enough to mask my excitement story the Swim for Zoe event!  Once I started to speak about this mission of God's in my life, the nervousness dissipated and I was able to convey this calling in an understandable way. I really enjoyed this presentation, and I'm hoping they did as well.  Ben Bowie had lots of time to talk about the logisitcs of the channel swim, and had to manage the many questions that followed his talk.  It was an exciting and wonderful time for us to share our thoughts and this mission.  I am so grateful to Alicia and Greg Uhl for allowing us the time during their Rotary Club meeting to present this cause and hope there will be more to follow.  Lots to praise God for - He is and has been -- so good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment