Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Heat is On!

The pressure is building as we near event day on August 13.  Our excitement and anticipation has almost reached a boiling point! For starters - there's the weather - the sun is pushing our temperatures into the 90's everyday! We reached a record high on Saturday (101 degrees) - my last trial swim before the big event! My windows are foggy with condensation - due to the hot temps outside and max air-conditioning inside!



Plus, my family is expected in town soon! There are ELEVEN family members traveling here for an unusual family reunion.  In the past, my husband, my boys and I have traveled to New York for our regular July 4th get-together. This year, the family is headed here to reunite and support the swim! In addition to swim practices, I've been frantically finding housing and beds for all the adults.

Finally, we're feeling the heat of a deadline! We have ELEVEN days to raise $9,840 to reach our goal!!!! We're contacting businesses for sponsorships and raffle prizes. We're inviting every person we know to the finish line celebration. We're drumming up media spots and dishing up barbeque to supporters. We're attending fundraising dinner parties and tons more! We're overcoming each obstacle and pressing forward. We've started to receive more yes's than no's. It seems like our fundraising thermometer is matching the temps outside! 


Part of the S4Z Team: Leanne, Beth S., Wendy and Ben B., Alicia U., Jen M., Patty and Guy D.


God has given me an ice-pack to cool down: my ZOE team. We have grown to ELEVEN strong. Each of us has a distinct and different part to play in fundraising and the swim. There are two paddle-boarders, two kayakers, two swim practice partners, two in the support-and-gear director's boat, one public relations guru, one self-proclaimed tech goddess and my BFF who has done a little bit of all of the above!!! We have the best thing going and work amazingly well together -- better than any other groups that I've seen. I feel blessed that God has placed us and positioned us here. It is quite extraordinary to work with such talented individuals! I am thankful for this opportunity to be included in something God wants done.  I am tearfully appreciative of them all. 

Below, you'll find an inspiring quote and your invitation to the finish line celebration:


"My understanding of God's constancy in His love encourages me to return His love by living a life which would bring honor to Him.  I want to become a woman of excellence not because I have to perform, but because I choose to please God."  Cynthia Heald

No comments:

Post a Comment